A big batch of egg salad is great for lunch when you’re on the go, or even for breakfast in the morning. In short, egg salad can be your go-to any day of the week. So, we’re going to infuse it for you. And, we’re going to mix it up. A classic egg salad is all fine and good, but we’re into something a little bit different here. So, we present to you Med Egg Salad. It’s a little bit ‘med’ in a few ways. For one, it’s medicated (see what we did there?). For two, it’s Mediterranean style. That’s right, you get a one two punch out of this stuff. So, break out the za’atar. It’s about to get delicious in here.
Two-Way Med Egg Salad: Medicated and Mediterranean
- 2 tbsp za’atar
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup green olives, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped, toasted pine nuts
- 4-6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/4 cup infused extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil, za’atar, lemon juice, and black pepper. Whisk until emulsified. Taste it, and add more of the ingredients according to your taste.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, combine eggs, red onion, nuts, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Then, add in your dressing and mix until evenly coated. Give it a taste, and season accordingly. Then, you’re all set!
This egg salad is sure to be a hit amongst your friends. It’s infused, it’s flavorful, and it puts a welcome twist onto a (sometimes) bland dish. So, we hope you enjoy and experiment. As always, we encourage you to play with the ingredients. Add feta, ad more za’atar, add yogurt— have fun! Cooking is all in what you make it. So, make it fun! Enjoy, and happy medicating.