when it comes to recipes for the summer, we typically want something light, easy, and guilt-free for our summer bodies. So, we’ve been focusing in on just that— plus a little cannabis. So, for our next claim to fame, we’ve put together a little light and easy summer sativa pasta bowl. We’ve crafted this one with regular wheat pasta. But, we also suggest swapping out those traditional noodles with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles for a healthier twist. But, when it comes to cannabis, I’d stick to sativa. That way, you’re ready to hit the outdoors— instead of taking a nap on the couch.
Summer Sativa Pasta Bowl
- 1 box of wheat pasta, the shredded meat from one spaghetti squash, or two zucchini’s spiraled
- 1 cup rainbow blend cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, ripped into your choice of size
- 1 avocado, cut into small strips
- 1 corn cob, charred and stripped
- watermelon radish, sliced thin
- cilantro to taste
- farmer’s cheese, feta, or goat— depending on taste
- 1/4 cup sativa-infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/2 shallot, chopped small
- 1 spoonful of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp local honey or a pinch of sugar— you pick
- pinch salt and black pepper
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients— besides salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. When the consistency is smooth, give it a taste and add salt and pepper according to taste.
- This summer sativa pasta bowl is best served slightly chilled— this is why it works best with raw zucchini noodles. If you go that route, spiralize them, salt them, put in an ice bath, drain, and then press the noddles to release as much moisture as possible. Otherwise, just cook your noodles and set them aside in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, corn, watermelon radish, basil, cheese, and toss. When they are combined well, top with the dressing you made and combine again. Then add in cilantro, stir again. Then, top with avocado.
Now, you’ll have a lose little pasta salad that you can pack in the cooler for the pool. It’s easy, it’s light, and it’ll give you the perfect buzz to float your day away. As always, we encourage you to play with the recipe. Every recipe should serve as a jumping off point for your creativity— unless your baking… that’s like chemistry.