A sweet and salty dessert is always the way to go. It satisfies that craving in a perfect, harmonious way. Especially when it’s easy to make and you don’t have to bake it. So, we’ve got just the thing… Infused Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars. They’re sweet, salty, infused, and quick to throw together. The good news is, too, that you can top them off however you want. Chocolate, ice cream, fresh fruit… the possibilities are endless and you know we endorse a good little riff on any recipe.
Infused Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- Parchment paper for pan lining
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pretzels, chopped into whatever size pieces you prefer
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp canna-butter— or half and half, depending on your potency standards, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup nuts: Walnuts, almonds, or roasted peanuts are likely your best route
- 2 cups of flavored chips— you can go chocolate, butterscotch, more peanut butter, white chocolate… you pick here!
- Start by lining your pan with parchment paper and setting it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine your sugar, peanut butter, and melted down butter. Stir together until well-combined. Then, add in your pretzels. Stir until evenly coated. Then, pour the mixture into your pan and press it down to create a base for your bars. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low low heat, combine your flavored chips and whipping cream. You want to stir pretty regularly, and remove from heat as soon as the pieces are melted enough to combine with the cream.
- Then, pour that mixture over top of the base you made. Spread it out evenly, and then top it off with the nuts, and whatever else you want! Strawberries, chocolate drizzle, more canna-butter, caramel… you pick it and put it on top of there!
- Now, all you have to do is wait. Cover them up and refrigerate for a few hours before you serve them up.
Now, you’ve made the sweetest, saltiest, more sweet-tooth curving edible there ever was. just be careful not to eat too many. These infused peanut butter pretzel bars are easy to make, quick to serve, and can be adapted however you choose. So, play with the recipe, mix it up, and let us know what else you might come up with! There are plenty of options out there to satisfy your specific craving, So, have fun with it and report back!