When it comes to a good cookout side dish, you want light, fresh, delicious, and easy to eat. So, we have a new, great option to add to the mix. We’ve put together an infused, crowd-friendly charred corn salad with CBD and Cotija chesse. It’s non-psychoactive infusion makes it friendly to all of your adult guests, and it gives it just that earthy, relaxing bite that’s perfect for an afternoon in the pool.
Charred Corn Salad with CBD and Cotija Cheese
- 1/2 Fresno chile, sliced
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 ears of corn, husked
- 4 tbsp CBD-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, in a bowl, combine shallot, chile, and lime juice.
- Second, heat your grill to medium heat.
- Third, take one half of the grill and place the corn directly onto the grate. Let the corn blacken slightly and then flip it until you have a slight char on all sides and then pull off and let cool.
- Then, as the corn is cooling, put a cast iron onto the grate.
- When the corn is cool, chop it off in planks.
- Once the cast iron is hot, add your oil, shallot, chile, and lime juice combination. Slightly sauté it and then pull from heat and add corn back to the mix.
- Now, transfer to a bowl and let cool
- Then, add in cheese, cilantro, and your remaining oil.
- Finally, give it a taste, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Now, you have a delicious, easy, refreshing side dish to take to your next cookout. This charred corn salad can be modified in any way you’d like. Add flavors, ingredients, and take away as you please. There are plenty of options, depending on what taste you would prefer. Next time? Add some avocado!